| Posted on 7:58 AM | Posted in Bonsai Bougainvillea , Teatime Pixie Bonsai
This pink, Bougainvillea Teatime Pixie® bonsai can be grown in its 6-inch ceramic bonsai pot for several years before needing re-potting.
This variety of bougainvillea hardly needs any trimming or maintenance to stay colorful and showy. Frost-sensitive, potted bougainvillea can be wintered over indoors during cool weather. For best blooming, bougainvillea must be grown outdoors and receive at least 5 hours of direct sun per day. Water at the first sign of wilt, and when re-potting, use only bonsai soil in a pot with excellent drainage.
- Botanical Name : Bougainvillea Teatime Pixie®
- Variety/Cultivar: Teatime Pixie®
- Tiny, pink bracts and compact foliage
- Height of bonsai will remain approximately 6-7 In. tall
- Needs minimal water once established
- Can be wintered-over indoors in cooler climates
- Fertilize monthly with BGI's Bougain® for best blooming results
- Trim after each bloom cycle for best branching and blooming
- Enjoyed as a perennial in the Southern states, flowering most heavily October through June
- Enjoyed as an annual in the Northern states, flowering most heavily April through July